Flu season is upon us, and we are still very much battling COVID-19. If you are feeling anxious or worried about visiting your dentist during this time, then you are not alone. Your feelings are very much valid.
Since the outbreak started, we have been working very hard here at West Coast Dental to put in place systems and protocols, as advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to keep everyone safe. Keeping on top of your dental health is extremely important — even during a pandemic. It is safe and important to visit us, and we have some tips and guidelines to help make you feel comfortable during your time with us., as long as you are following guidelines.
Dealing With Your Anxiety and Concerns
It is normal to be anxious when visiting your dentist — even without COVID-19 and flu season to contend with. Preparing for your appointment beforehand will help you manage your fears and expectations. We suggest these four ways to overcome anxiety at the dentist.
What to Do Before Your Appointment
Before attending any appointments at our offices, we ask that you take a lateral flow test. If your results are negative, then you may attend your appointment as scheduled. If your lateral flow test is positive, please DO NOT attend the appointment. Let us know you have had a positive test, and we will advise you to go for a PCR test to confirm your results.
What To Do at Your Appointment
There are some procedures you can follow to make your visit safe.
- Attend your appointment alone when possible.
- If you are able, please attend your appointment wearing a clean mask, and keep it on until your dentist tells you to remove it.
- If there are other patients in the waiting room, then please keep in mind social distancing requirements. We try to schedule appointments so you are not in a busy waiting room. We also use single-person treatment rooms, where possible.
- Wash and sanitize your hands using the facilities provided.
- Dispose of any tissues in the appropriate facilities.
When to NOT Attend an Appointment
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 or flu symptoms, you must not attend your appointment.
It is advised that you follow government guidelines and not visit us until you are symptom free.
Here at West Coast Dental
Our offices are very safe. We are following CDC guidelines so that we can protect you during your visit. Here are some of the ways:
- More than 90% of our employees are vaccinated.
- 100% of patients and employees undergo a COVID-19 Prescreening. We will triage you before you attend.
- We use disposable personal protective equipment, where possible.
- We regularly clean and disinfect the whole office.
- We sterilize ALL non-disposable equipment after every use.
Taking care of your dental needs is essential to avoid pain and discomfort due to emergency toothache or infection. Keeping up with your regular checkup appointments will help you avoid treatment that could have been prevented.
Schedule your appointment today, and we will be happy to discuss any concerns you may have at the time.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – COVID-19 Guidelines
Journal of The American Dental Association (JADA) – Protecting You During Your Visit
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Guidance for Dental Settings